Women, 4X4's, parking.

Vent your spleen about anything that takes your fancy here! Remember to keep it vulgarity-free though!

Moderator: scarface

mandy
Veteran

Женщины, 4x4, в парковки.

Post by mandy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:04 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :x

I've just got back from my first aid class and teh majorettes are in the community centre opposite. All teh mums come and prak up all down teh street every time this happens. They make sure they leave themselves plenty of room to get out so 10 cars fill enough space for 20.

But thats not why I'm angry, I can live with that.

No, I'm angry because one of them. A typical scally mum covered in cheap jewellry, hair like corn growing on tarmac and a chewy permanently on teh go has parked right outside my house in her huge black Toyota 4X4.

Nothing wrong with that you may say but this stupid bint is parked on the pavement, and not in a small way. The pavement is three flagstones wide and she has taken up two of them. People have to walk on the road to get past. I just hopem nobody blind or disabled come down teh road while this selfish cow is there.

Bad parking even for a woman. :x

BigChick-UK
Veteran

Post by BigChick-UK » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:50 pm

This too would annoy me Mandy. Near where I live, the village post office is on the corner of quite a busy A road. The post office road is more narrow and just about takes 2 cars. You can see the post office as soon as you come around the corner. There are bright yellow lines strictly forbidding parking here but do some lazy people take notice??? NO. And what is worse, is that opposite the PO is the village hall car park which is free and safe. Poeple who park here cause utter chaos. I have latterly taken (the past 2 years!!!) to driving incredibly slowly past them and then happening to stall as my passenger door is right along their driver side door. Takes me ever such a long time to get the car going again :wink: Would you believe they get quite cross when they cannot get out of their car :roll:

Ian76
Obsessed!

Post by Ian76 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:53 pm

This 4x4 craze does my head in,They should be taxed to the hilt then we would see who really has money and status.
Most live the leafy suburbs and yet there crashing about in monster trucks :roll: ,I never let them out. :twisted:

BigChick-UK
Veteran

Post by BigChick-UK » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:53 pm

And also whilst I am hitting my stride, we too get the 4x4 brigade parking outside the posty on a pavement that is even more narrow than yours. This means that mums with push chairs,people in wheel chairs, and disbled or older people in those buggy type things have to go out into the road to get past their cars :-x :-x :-x :-x You could quite understand someone 'accidentally' scratching their car :wink:

BigChick-UK
Veteran

Post by BigChick-UK » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:54 pm

And I also want to add that I cannot see the point of 4x4 in suburbs. Please what is the point? They just guzzle petrol and take up 2 parking spaces. Fine if you are a farmer or live somewhere a bit more of a literally beaten track.

mistyeyed
Veteran

Post by mistyeyed » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:51 pm

The title of this thread says, 'Women', yet you just talk about one woman. Do only women drive 4x4's? Do only women park on pavements? I think not. Ergo this thread is based on sexism.

BigChick-UK
Veteran

Post by BigChick-UK » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:58 pm

I think it refers to the women that park outside the community centre.

scousewendy
Veteran

Post by scousewendy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:41 pm

Once when I was out with my pram a car had parked half on the pavement, I had a choice do I go between the car and wall and carefull not to catch the car. or do I take my double buggy in the road which was Queens Drive, one of Liverpools busy roads, and take the chance of being hit .
so I went between the car and wall. and what did I do I caught his wing mirror with the pram and knocked it off :shock:

Well should not have parked where he did.

mandy
Veteran

Post by mandy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:45 pm

I would be teh first to admit that there are some terrible male drivers out there Misty.

Invariably the ones tought to drive by women :wink:

grammar king
Needs to get out more

Post by grammar king » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:55 pm

Those kind of people are asking for their cars to be damaged. For about a week at my school a couple of years back some guy kept parking right over the pavement right next to the entrance of the school, getting in everyone's way. One of the sixth formers who had to get into the school entrance wrote "Park here again and I'll rob your tyres" on his side window, and that was problem solved.

scousewendy
Veteran

Post by scousewendy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:58 pm

still felt guilty over the mirror :?

mistyeyed
Veteran

Post by mistyeyed » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:48 pm

There's nothing to feel guilty about Wendy. The pavement is for pedestrians, not cars. He should have thought about his wing mirror when he parked (assuming it was a he). And it's not like you did it deliberately.

scousewendy
Veteran

Post by scousewendy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:50 pm

The only other thing I could have done was take the pram in the road, and as I said it was Queens drive.so there was no way I was going to do that.

mistyeyed
Veteran

Post by mistyeyed » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:41 pm

Lives are more important than wing mirrors! :shock:

Mark1981
Obsessed!

Re: Женщины, 4x4, в парковку.

Post by Mark1981 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:15 pm

[quote="mandy"] The pavement is three flagstones wide and she has taken up two of them. People have to walk on the road to get past. [/quote]

Should this happen again, inform the police and state that the vehicle is blocking the pavement to such a degree that it is causing pedestrians to walk on the road in order to get by. Also state that your private driveway is blocked and that you cannot get your vehicle out. Inform the call handler that you want this vehicle removing "now". Within 1 hour (normally) vehicle recovery are on scene and the vehicle is taken away. The owner pays for the recovery, storage and release of their vehicle. Usually the offence is also dealt with by fixed penalty or summons on top of that. It can amount to a tidy sum.