The blocked bins around Liverpool city centre

Vent your spleen about anything that takes your fancy here! Remember to keep it vulgarity-free though!

Moderator: scarface

Livto
Regular

Блокированные бункеров вокруг центра города Ливерпуль

Post by Livto » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:04 am

I was wondering...what is the latest news regarding the bins at Queen Square and Paradise Street bus stations that have been blocked off and are no longer in use :?
How long is this rediculous situation meant to go on for? :?
It was a massive paranoid over reaction anyway by the council after the events of July 7th.
Now we left with the farcical situation that is Queen Square bus station resembling a litter mountain and the street cleaning machines having to work ten times as hard to clear it all up.
If the bins were simply opened up again then the problem wouldnt be half as bad.
Who on earth is the beauracrat in this council that is responsible for these bins being blocked off and when does he/she intend to have them back in use again exactly? :?

xtwisted
Needs to get out more

Post by xtwisted » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:11 am

Put your rubbish in a bag and put it in your bag at home

xtwisted
Needs to get out more

Post by xtwisted » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:11 am

[quote="xtwistedxsuex@hotmail.com"]Put your rubbish in a bag and put it in your bag at home[/quote]

*in your bin at home

Livto
Regular

Post by Livto » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:17 am

Errr... thats what the bins in the city centre are supposed to be for :roll:

Kontroversial
Veteran

Post by Kontroversial » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:58 pm

I suppose in Manchester it would have been done miles better. :roll:

If you think Manchester is such a great city and it's so well run, why don't you go and live there?

scousewendy
Veteran

Post by scousewendy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:37 pm

During the summer I went to Central station . and the kids had cans of coke. when they finshed them, the kids could not find a bin to put them in.so we asked someone who works there , where are the bins, the reply was we dont have bins coz of the bombs, so just throw them on the line and they get cleaned up later on .

sorry but my kids dont do that. and the cans went in my bag.

mandy
Veteran

Post by mandy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 pm

There used to be bins at central station but people used them as toilets. :?

scousewendy
Veteran

Post by scousewendy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:39 pm

Think I will stick to taking the rubbish home with me. :?

HammerBabe
Veteran

Re: заблокированные контейнеры вокруг центра города Ливерпуль

Post by HammerBabe » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:53 pm

[quote="Livto"]It was a massive paranoid over reaction anyway by the council after the events of July 7th. [/quote]

First: The bus stations are not owned by the council. They are owned by Merseytravel.

[quote="Livto"]Now we left with the farcical situation that is Queen Square bus station resembling a litter mountain and the street cleaning machines having to work ten times as hard to clear it all up.[/quote]

Second: The cleaners in Queen Square don't have street cleaning machines. The use old fashioned methods of brush/shovel/litter pickers and binbags.

[quote="Livto"] If the bins were simply opened up again then the problem wouldnt be half as bad.[/quote]

Third: There's always been a problem with litter. Whether it be in Queen Square, Paradise Street or Picadilly Gardens! The bins don't make any difference. Merseytravel have employed more cleaners to combat the place getting too mucky and if you feel that it needs a bit more cleaning, then see one of the nice chaps in yellow jackets.

[quote="Wendy"]During the summer I went to Central station . and the kids had cans of coke. when they finshed them, the kids could not find a bin to put them in.so we asked someone who works there , where are the bins, the reply was we dont have bins coz of the bombs, so just throw them on the line and they get cleaned up later on .[/quote]

The original reason was because of the risks from the IRA back in the 80's early 90's. They have since decided to keep bins out of the underground stations because of the fire risk. You know what the little pieces of scum are like who roam our railway network.

Outside stations have see-through bins, 1) to make sure you can see no bombs in there and 2) if they do get set on fire, then the likelyhood of a mass stampede out of the station is lowered than it would be on an underground station.

Livto
Regular

Post by Livto » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:44 am

[quote="Kontroversial"]I suppose in Manchester it would have been done miles better. :roll: quote]

Were was Manchester mentioned in this thread exactly? #-o

Livto
Regular

Post by Livto » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:46 am

I ve noticed that everyone has responded with answers other than the one i was actually seeking :roll:

Which was...when are the bins at Queen Square and Paradise Street meant to be getting opened again? :?

JULES
Regular

Контейнеры

Post by JULES » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:47 pm

lazy gits they just need emptying more, its a job for someone who has not got a job, they need to get there act together or rats will plague the city and we will have to pay the pied piper to come and lure them down to the mersey.